Author Topic: OCR  (Read 1735 times)

joldham

• View Profile
    • Email
OCR
« on: February 12, 2009, 09:56:29 AM »
I filed two complaints with OCR and they did absolutely nothing to help me. I live in Alabama and my son attends school in the Jefferson County School System. They deny special education students an impartial disciplinary due process hearing. Guilt is determined by the IEP Team, the Team members were evil monstors. My son was assigned to boot camp for the last six weeks of school and he was totally not guilty of the violation. I beleive this was done in retaliation for a complaint I had made to the State Department ( which was a joke too ).
I received several phone calls when my complaint was first received and the caseworker stated that the District was in violation. She seemed very concerned but then something happened and I could not get a response to my messages. The OCR completely ignored my statements and did not investigate. Doris May was the Supervisor.

admin

Re: OCR
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »
Thanks for the information, along with the name of the OCR supervisor. Perhaps if more people come forward and identify these alleged civil servants, perhaps the USDE, Office for Civil Rights might start enforcing the laws that should be protecting students.